Role: Credit Controller
Hours: 25 hours over 4 days
Rate: £25.000 pro rata
Start Date: ASAP
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Finance professional to join our client. The role will be mainly Credit Controller with additional accounts assistant duties as required. This is an important role within finance department, as you will be the main point of contact for all credit control activities for trade and commercial sales.
To chase overdue payments from trade and commercial customer accounts.
To produce reports from the in-house IT systems and ensure the accurate invoices are uploaded onto Sage.
To ensure the Sales Ledger balances agree with the in-house IT system on a monthly basis.
To raise and process sales invoices both on inhouse system and manually.
To send copy invoices to customers as and when requested.
To make clear and concise notes of credit control activities on all dealer accounts; recording emails, details of queries and progress made.
To ensure all queries are regularly followed up until resolution is achieved and query invoices are paid.
To report on a regular basis any problem accounts and escalate issues where necessary to the directors.
To ensure the accurate and timely allocation of cash received.
To raise authorised credit notes and input onto sage.
To liaise with internal departments to seek resolution of customer queries.
To check sales invoices to ensure PO numbers are quoted prior to submission to customers.
To attend weekly aged debtor meeting with Finance Manager and Directors.
To ensure the agreed aged debtor KPI is achieved.
To provide holiday cover within credit control.
To undertake any other finance related work as requested by Finance Manager.
To provide hands on support to the PL and SL functions when needed.
· To process weekly supplier invoices, matching to purchase orders.
· To check price, product and quantity matches with purchase order.
· To input purchase ledger invoices onto the sage line 50 accounting system.
To chase relevant paperwork.
· Provide general admin and finance support to the finance team ensuring that all work is in accordance with the policies and procedures
· To work closely with the Finance Manager and support the finance department to produce accurate and timely management accounts and financial information.
· Any other reasonable duty that may be assigned.
· To comply with Conservatory Outlet Quality Policy and objectives in every aspect of own work.
· Excellent credit control skills with the ability to reconcile old debtors and achieve aged debt KPI.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with customers and members if the team.
· Experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
· Good computer skills with a sound knowledge of all Microsoft packages and experience of working with Sage line 50.
· Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
· A proactive approach to work with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
· A strong sense of humour with the ability to build good working relations.
· A highly motivated individual with a can-do approach to work and the ability to get the job done in the required timescales.
· Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to follow processes and produce measurable results.
· Able and willing to carry out ad hoc duties within a small team environment.
· The ability to demonstrate effective time management and prioritise tasks.
· The ability to ensure processes are adhered to and results are delivered and measured in a timely and effective manner.
· A professional and approachable manner.