£20K + Performance related Bonus
Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday (40 hours)
Location: Horbury – WF4
First Choice are actively recruiting a Trainee Technician to join our reputable client based in Horbury. They are seeking for a candidate who is keen to learn and become a Production Technician to join the ever growing and successful team on a full time, permanent contract.
· To ensure that all jobs are booked into the department and reviewed for processing.
· To use the computer system in order to generate requirements for piece parts.
· The generation of a Special Manufacturing parts list and supplementary paperwork.
· The issuing out of cutting lists in accordance with the Production Plan.
· Programming piece parts on the CNC punch press using CNC Programming Software.
· Keep the library of CNC programmes in a clear and logical sequence.
· Maintaining existing Q parts drawings and the controlled issue to other departments.
· The preparations of drawings using AutoCAD programme.
· Undertaking development work as required as a result of requests from either the R & D committee or through request made by the production management.
· To make sure that all instructions passed onto other departments do not knowingly have health and safety implications that could affect others.
· To assist where practical with the reproduction all manufacturing drawings, following ISO9001 procedures for use with the materials & production services department.
· To assist where practical with the collation all manufacturing packs for issue to the shop floor, including the preparation of the quality assurance checklists.
· Good numeracy and computer skills.
· Good communication/presentation skills
· Able to work to deadlines
· Able to work well in a team
· Good organisation/ planning skills
· High level of drive, energy and initiative, entrepreneurial, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation.
· Good team player.
· Good attention to detail.
· Able to think fast on your feet.
For the role you will be able to demonstrate:
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
· Working knowledge of Microsoft office
· Excellent administrative skills
· A positive can-do approach
· Ability to work well independently
· Full Training given to all staff both at the start of their employment and updated, when necessary, any member of staff may be asked to assist with training based on their own skills and experience.
· Performance Related Pay up to 10% of yearly income (linked to company achieving profit targets)
· Holiday: 23 days holiday in first full complete year of service rising to 25 days
· Free onsite parking
· Statutory Pension
· Life Assurance after 12 months of service
Reference ID: HW/TT/1021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00 per year