Call Centre Manager (Control Room)
Full Time Permanent
We are recruiting for a Duty Manager who is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Alarm Receiving Centre based in Pontefract. Working with the Head of Monitoring & Lone Worker Operations, they are responsible for ensuring that sufficient resource is in place to meet the demands of our customers, managing a team of ARC Operators, with the support of the ARC Team Leader, identifying opportunities to improve the services we deliver and managing incidents as they occur.
Duty Manager Responsibilities
- To deputise in the absence of the Head of Monitoring & Lone Worker Operations which entails taking on the roles and responsibilities of their role.
- Oversee the operational service during shift to ensure safe and efficient operation, assessing and taking into account customer requirements, performance targets and KPI’s at all times.
- To complete monthly quality checking against defined criteria, providing feedback and coaching to ARC operators & ARC Team Leaders, and helping to identify training opportunities/needs on the back of continual quality monitoring trends and analysis.
- To be a point of escalation for any customer queries or concerns that arise that the ARC Team Leaders and/or ARC Operators are unable to satisfactorily resolve.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer complaints, ensuring any complaints raised are logged on the customers complaints register.
- To monitor the incoming workstreams (alarms, calls & emails) and effectively utilise the available resource, assisting the ARC operators where necessary to ensure minimum.
- To monitor the ARC Operators to ensure that they are providing the best level of service to our customers, following process and procedures and working effectively as a team.
- To take personal responsibility for quarterly objectives (and longer term initiatives) that deliver improvements in terms of customer service, efficiencies, cost savings and/or employee engagement.
- Completing regular system health checks to ensure our systems are fully operational and to feed back any known and/or intermittent issues.
- To monitor resource levels, ensuring, where possible, sufficient staffing levels are in place to meet customer demand, looks to flex resource to best meet demand, minimising financial impact.
- People management, including enforcement of company policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key internal and external contacts.
- Identify and lead on operational excellence/continuous improvement.
- Establish robust training plans and materials for new starters and the ongoing development of existing team members. To ensure suitable development and succession plans are in situ.
- Ensure that the whole team has an awareness of the companies SHEQ policies, including, but not limited to QMS, IMS, Health & Safety & ISMS.
- To ensure that all team members complete all mandatory training within a timely manner.
- To ensure full understanding of the centres Business Continuity Plans.
- Business Improvement
- Health and Safety
- Data Protection
- When required, due to the level of demand exceeding the available resource, thus resulting in our failure to meet minimum service levels, the Duty Manager should support the ARC Operators with the management of alarms, customer calls and/or emails.
- Follow company & customer procedures for remote monitoring services, ensuring compliance with all relevant standards, including BS 5979, BS 8418, BS 8484, ISO 9001 & ISO 27001
- We are able to provide, externally to the customer or internally to the management team, without delay, as appropriate.
- raise and manage helpdesk requests, on behalf of our customers, in line with agreed processes and procedures. This may include, but is not limited to;
· raising a new request;
· escalation to on call personnel / managers;
· providing defined advice or;
· submitting reports following the ca
- To manage queries via telephone or in writing in a manner that portrays a professional, polite and courteous image of Reliance High-Tech & Reliance Protect. That instils confidence in our customers and demonstrates empathy where appropriate.
- Take ownership of the customer, including responding to queries in a timely manner, recording customer requests, escalation of incidents, requests and queries as necessary.
- Ensure you maintain an understanding of the overall company objectives and departmental objectives.
- Work as a team to ensure that we strive to exceed minimum service level agreements.
- To immediately escalate to a member of the management team any issues that;
· have the potential to impact the services we provide;
· lead to a financial loss for either our customer/s or Reliance High-Tech;
· may result in harm to others or;
· may result in reputational damage to either our customer/s or Reliance High-Tech
- To assist and support with the training or new starters and to highlight training needs as they occur.
- To co-operate with the management team in respect of ongoing training and personal development.
- To complete all mandatory company training within a reasonable timescale, usually within 4 weeks.
- To ensure that you maintain knowledge levels and awareness of key company and regulatory policies and procedures, including, but not limited to GDPR, ISO 27001 & Health & Safety.
- To ensure that you maintain knowledge levels of local work instructions & procedures so that you can carry out your duties to a high standard. This may include, but is not limited to, regularly reviewing training material, spending time with more experienced/knowledgeable employees and/or independent learning/research.
- Assist colleagues within your own department and other departments as required.
- To have a clear understanding of the emergency procedures that are in place for the Alarm Receiving Centre, including sound knowledge on how to operate all DR equipment.
- To ensure adherence to all company policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Work with the management team to set personal objectives and strive to exceed them.
- Undertake all reasonable tasks as identified by the management team
- Previous supervisory experience working within an Alarm Receiving Centre or Customer Contact Centre.
- Prior experience managing others, able to demonstrate who they can improve the performance of individuals and a team as a whole
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with a range of individuals.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good organisational skills, meeting deadlines and ability to work under pressure
- Prioritise work load
- Ability to contribute to team goals, works calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Adaptable, flexible and a positive attitude
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Excellent listening, verbal and written skills
- Previous experience working within an Alarm Receiving Centre or similar Security control room / Social Alarm monitoring centre
- To hold a valid SIA PSS Licence
- Experience working with standard IT systems such as Microsoft office
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,860.00 per year