Production Director Designate
First Choice Recruitment have a fantastic opportunity to join one of clients who are on the London Stock Exchange Group’s Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2020. Being an industry-leading manufacturer of home improvement products spanning contemporary extensions, conservatories, orangeries, roofs, glass, windows and doors in both uPVC and aluminium.
Following unprecedented growth, we are recruiting a dynamic, high calibre, Production Director Designate.
YOU MUST HAVE PREVIOUS INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE AS A DIRECTOR IN uPVC AND ALUMINIUM.
You will have:
· Strong technical expertise and knowledge of the home improvement industry as well as the proven ability and success in running and directing a production facility.
· Tenacity, determination, be energetic and must have the drive to succeed.
· The ability to maximise production with the addition of new machinery and additional space to accommodate increasing market demand – while continuing to deliver exceptional quality products, on time and in full.
· The ability to streamline our manufacturing systems and processes to ensure we can achieve our ambitious plans for growth in the future. You must be driven to meet targets, with a strong customer focus, excellent health and safety knowledge, and proven experience of cultivating strong working cultures.
· Overall responsibility and accountability for the direction of the Production facility, including people and budgetary management. You will create and implement the lean business strategy and drive continuous improvement and operational goals. These goals will exceed customer expectations for product, quality, cost and delivery, maximising efficiency, optimising production levels and driving operational excellence.
· To provide clear leadership, direction, and vision, inspiring and motivating your team to achieve excellence, working with the leadership team to improve people capability to achieve an empowered, skilled, motivated, and engaged workforce.
· Delivered on Key Performance measures across all areas of the production function with responsibility for ensuring all projects are delivered on cost and on time to the highest quality standards and ensure Health, Safety and Environmental issues are prioritised and facilitated.
You must have:
· A strong character, with exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Confident, assertive, self-assured, and tenacious.
· Exceptional organisation skills.
· Excellent knowledge of Manufacturing Standards and lean/continuous improvement standards.
· The ambition and drive to succeed.
· Resilience, optimism, self-motivated, work well under pressure and be open to change.
· Excellent health, safety, and environmental knowledge.
· Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage and manage key stakeholders and suppliers.
· Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels.
· An excellent communicator with strong influencing and networking skills and the proven ability to communicate plans, timelines, and priorities.
A competitive salary with supporting benefits package including pension and health cash plan. This is a fast-paced and evolving environment, so be prepared to adapt well to change, demonstrate added value and introduce new improvements and ideas that will further support the growth of the business.