INTERNATIONAL EXPORT OFFICER
Littleborough – OL15
Up to £27K
Hours of work- 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday
First Choice Recruitment are recruiting for an Export Officer for our client who is a global leader in the manufacture and distribution of fluoropolymer lined piping, fittings, valves, sampling systems and other associated equipment. Our client has a good product and service reputation and works hard to be close to the customer throughout the markets in which it works. Well known by the customer base in the UK the business is both growing and profitable.
The role falls within the small logistics team, reporting to the Purchasing & Logistics Manager.
The role involves managing international shipments and providing support for many steps of the transportation process. Duties include working with customs agents, shipping companies, and customers.
- Shipping, receiving, and record keeping for international transactions.
- Track shipments and communicate with customers about the package's progress.
- Coordinate shipping with customs agents for clearance on overseas deliveries.
- Receive quotes from prospective shippers and handle claims with insurance companies if any shipment problems happen to occur.
- Completing import-export documentation
- Understanding import-export regulations and international trade as well as export license requirements
- Managing records of customs documentation and ensuring HMRC requirements are met
- Ensuring compliance with AEO status
- Other duties related to dispatch and completing manufacturing paperwork are included within the role.
- Customer service and negotiation skills to deal with the demands of overseas and local customers.
- Being familiar with the legal requirements regarding importing and exporting shipments.
- The key to success in this role rests with an ability to build relationships, both externally and internally.
- Having a positive can-do attitude is essential alongside a methodical approach to planning and workload management, with an ability to prioritise.
- Knowing export controls, compliance and licensing will go a long way to ensuring customer orders are fulfilled on time and in full.
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of export compliance and procedures
- A supply chain or an engineering related qualification would be an advantage.
- Experience with managing export documentation and dealing with freight forwarders.
- An ability to manipulate data and experience of Excel is essential.
- Strong Interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience of using an MRP system would be advantageous.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary up to £27K per annum - together with a bonus scheme based on order activity.
- Core hours would be Monday-Friday 39.5 hours total.
- Twenty annual days holiday plus statutory days in the first year rising to 25 days in the second year. Also up to five additional service days are given on a phased basis after 10 years of employment.
- The Company provides a contributory personal pension plan. The Company will match personal contributions up to a maximum of 5% of the basic salary.
- When you join this scheme the company will also provide Death in Service benefits which is currently set at 4 times the basic salary. The employee must be a contributing member of the pension scheme to receive this benefit.