Role: Customer service assistant
Hours: Various Shifts including weekends
Rate: £9.79 per hour
Location: Wakefield - Wintersett
Start Date: 1.06.22
The post holder will be responsible for delivery of the visitor experience at Visitor Centre which includes, but are not limited to, welcoming visitors, answering enquiries, presence on the reception desk.
This role involves interacting with visitors, ensuring high standards of service and presentation are delivered at all times as well as preparing for set up of events/meeting and replenishing retail stock.
· Undertake support duties on specific aspects of the work of Anglers Country Park under the direction of senior staff.
· Participate in the team working approach of the allocation of duties within Anglers Country Park
· Ensure that the services are provided to the highest quality/standard with due recognition of client and customer requirements, in accordance with the Council’s Customer Care and Equal Opportunities policies.
· Meet the public and representatives of other Services as necessary and provide appropriate information on request.
· Work within recognised safe systems of work at all times and adhere to health and safety regulations.
· Adhere to and apply legislation, Council Standing Orders and procedures as appropriate.
· Attend and be responsive to any training given on or off the job
· Adopt a proactive view towards increasing sales and maximise sales through upselling and suggestive selling
For the role you will be able to demonstrate:
· Ability to demonstrate a knowledge of all elements of customer service which impact on a positive and enjoyable customer experience
· Understanding the operational requirements of delivering high quality customer focused environments
· Knowledge and understanding of country parks and/or interest in parks and countryside
· Demonstrate sound knowledge of key policies, including but not limited to customer care, health and safety, GDPR, fraud and corruption
· An understanding of the importance of establishing effective working relationships with customers, colleagues, stakeholders, partners and volunteers
· Understanding of equal opportunities, cohesion and social and cultural diversity
· Knowledge of health and safety and risk management
· Experience of working in a high pressure environment and of working to time and resource constraints
· GCSE English and maths or equivalent qualification or work based experience
· A working knowledge of IT including word, outlook, excel and social media