Role: Administration Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Pay: £24 per hour
The post holder will take overall responsibility for the leadership and provision of a high quality administrative service to the Health & Justice Teams, service users and stakeholders at HMP Prisons.
MAIN AREAS OF WORK
· Act as a role model by demonstrating high quality effective communication and listening skills to staff and patients.
· Provide an efficient and customer-focused advisory service to managers, advising on the processes, paperwork and timescales associated with the service.
· Motivate and lead by developing and promoting professional and effective working relationships within the Team. Lead, chair and attend a variety of meetings ensuring effective communication.
· Undertake and manage work under own initiative, including analysis and interpretation of data and results and assessment of options.
· The post holder is required to make decisions and judgements concerning information received in order to prioritise and refer on to the appropriate staff/department or take appropriate action within pre-agreed boundaries.
· To review and assess the workload of the Team, ensuring any gaps or absences are managed and addressed. This will involve the analysis of workloads and required tasks, enabling effective allocation of staff time to specific tasks on a daily basis.
· To develop, review and take overall responsibility for systems, processes and policies to support the delivery of a high quality service.
· Play a key role in supporting the implementation of new technologies as they are introduced and encourage innovations and cost saving efficiencies.
· Observe all relevant Policies and Procedures
· Report any incidents/accidents and maintenance requirements via health and safety procedures
· To carry out audit activity, to ensure good practice within the department.
· Be accountable for the management of the administrative team and function within agreed budgets. Taking responsibility for the management of staff, income and expenditure budgets within designated control levels and for the achievement of financial balance at year end. Also ensure that monthly positions are reported and actioned appropriately.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Demonstratable skills in supporting performance management and problem solving.
· Ability to work with confidential and sensitive data.
· Be ICT literate.
· Strong organisational skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstratable experience of working in customer care.
· Reliable, trustworthy and an ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
· Able to prioritise, multi-task and co-ordinate workloads and to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative.
· High level of commitment and positive “can do” attitude.